Monday, August 11, 2008

Life and Parenting

So it has been a little while since my last post...well actually a great while and i doubt anyone will still be reading my blog but oh well....  And the sad thing is that not much has really changed in the McBride household since my last post. I have learned that a two year old and three year old are a handful. It seems like every other day either Sam or  Hannah come running to me crying because of something the other child has done to them or taken from them. Oh, the joys of parenting. My goal is trying to keep me cool and not get all worked up at things the kids are doing. In order to help me with my goal, their is a book I am reading that one of our pastors at our church mentioned about parenting from a biblical perspective. It talks about understanding your child's heart and how that relates to his or her actions and feelings. Obviously there is way more to it than that but I am only on the third chapter and it is pretty good. It is called "Shepherding a Child's Heart" by Ted Tripp.    

No comments:

Post a Comment