Monday, April 03, 2006

Future

Ok, I know its been awhile. Alright I admit it's been along time since I have written here. Life has been a little crazy and, if you know me well, I have been a little lazy. Anyway...right now the thing that is happening in the McBride family is the upcoming birth of our daughter Hannah hopefully in early May. Its been busy but a lot of fun getting ready for her. We have began turning Sam's old room into her nursery. Which involves a lot of painting and stenciling flowers. Thankfully my wife did the flowers and I didn't have to! We have also been trying get the things we need for a newborn girl such as pink clothes and newborn diapers. We also won our first auction on Ebay which was a Baby Bjorn carrier. It's probably the most comfortable and best made infant carrier on the market and will be heavily used by Abby while she chases Sam around the house.
The most pressing issue for right now is trying to find a job while Abby is on maternity leave. I thought I had something lined up but it fell through and now I am on the search for employment. I am really bummed thought because I don't want to have to go through the whole hiring process for just a two or three month job. All the work here in Panama city seems to be labor and entrylevel work which does not pay very much. I guess my biggest issue is pride. I need to understand that I am not above any kind of work and that any job is an honorable job in God's eyes as long as I work hard and portray the characteristis that a Godly man would show. What ever job I get I need to be honest, respectful and hardworking so that I can share Christ's love without contradiction. I guess I just need prayer that God will provide the right job for me and that our needs will be met while Abby is on maternity leave. I am putting my trust in God that we will make it through the times ahead.

2 comments:

  1. "I guess my biggest issue is pride. I need to understand that I am not above any kind of work and that any job is an honorable job in God's eyes as long as I work hard and portray the characteristis that a Godly man would show. What ever job I get I need to be honest, respectful and hardworking so that I can share Christ's love without contradiction."

    Awesome. God is working in you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is one of the life lessons we must learn. Trust in God. Your in my prayers of course.

    ReplyDelete