Sunday, July 10, 2011

C.S. Lewis and my Heart

   I came across a C.S. Lewis quote today that floored me. "When Christ died, He died for you individually just as much as if you had been the only person in the world." You see, I have known this truth but I have to admit I don't think I truly understood its significance. 
   My understanding of the truth is this. God unconditionally loves each and every person individually. He loves each and everyone one of us so much that he sent and sacrificed his flesh and blood, Jesus, to die for YOU! That thought absolutely blows my mind. You are not just a number to God. You are a person, a soul that He loves dearly and knows intimately!
   Faith is important in my life. I have placed my faith in Jesus Christ. It was and continues to be the best decision I have ever made in my entire life. Its a life altering decision to say the least. I have experienced some amazing highs as well as some heartbreakingly lows in my life.  And through it all God was there with me because of my decision to follow and love his son Jesus with every single part of my heart. When I was hurting and broken God was there to lift me up and comfort me. And at other times God showed me truly how exceptional he is by blessing me with some unbelievably amazing experiences!
 I pray that you make the same decision some day. The decision to follow and love Jesus completely. Its so simple yet such a large decision. Think on it, dwell on it, pray about it and dialogue with me about it. I will be the first to tell you that I don't have all the answers but if you have questions I will give you an honest answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment