Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Pursuit of a Dream

    The pursuit of a dream. Living for something other that myself. It's what I need to wake up and start doing every single day of my life. I dream to impact this world in so many ways. One of the my dreams is to make a difference in peoples lives...even if it's just in the life of one person. 
    I have found that it's a dream and desire of mine to open my heart and share the amazing love and grace that I've been given. There is this man that I follow whose name is Jesus Christ. I let him into a broken, dark heart of mine over a decade and a half ago and asked Him to be the center and focus of my life. With out a doubt it was by far the best decision I have ever made in my life. He and His love is the standard that I try to live my life up to every single day. He had a love for humanity that was so unconditional that it absolutely blows my mind. He died for that amazing love. If I can share that amazing unconditional love of Christ with just one person...I am beginning the fulfillment of my life's dream. Loving, helping and serving others while meeting them where they are at in life is the how this dream starts.
    The unspoken question that now lies in front of me is... How do I accomplish this dream? The answer begins with a renewed focus and the right frame of mind. It takes true humility and laying my pride and personal selfish desires aside. If I want to make a positive difference in the life of someone else I need to trust and follow the love and example of Jesus. There are many who hurt, lack basic necessities of life and desire the compassion and love that everyone human longs for. It's my desire and dream to come along side and supply that love with out condition. I hope to freely give unconditional love when it is needed most. I desire to invest and join a hurting person and lovingly journey through life with them...not just give them a hand shake and a word of encouragement and wish them well. I don't want to apply a quick mediocre fix to a long term issue. I have the desire to be there for the long haul and show the true love of Christ that this world is missing and so desperately desires. 
   I know I don't have all the answers to accomplish these dreams and desires but I do know there is a dreaming, compassionate, somewhat sensitive side me that I can not ignore. If you know me, you know that I wear my heart on my sleeve for all to see. Most guys wouldn't say that but it is who I am and I am not ashamed of it. At heart I have always been a dreamer. I am a guy who is filled with passion, faith and a desire to understand. I am always trying to think outside the small brain of mine and figure out life. The love of Christ has helped me to do just that by allowing me to open my heart and let unconditional love pour out.
    My dream. My desire. My life.

No comments:

Post a Comment