Thursday, March 22, 2012

Authentic and Real


Real and authentic. Who are you? Who are you trying to be? Do these two words describe you. I hope they describe me.

There are some basic truths in my life that I can state with the utmost honesty and authenticity.
I don't have all the answers but I do know that I have tried at times to be someone I'm not. I've tried to make myself into a person who I think others will like. I've tried to make myself more appealing to others...whether it be a close friend or someone I just met for the first time. People don't want me to be just like them...they want me to be myself. I hope people want to be my friend because they like me for who I am and not for who I am trying to be.

So here is my resolution...I need to just be me. 
The fact is that we all need to be real and authentic in everything that we do...our thoughts, words and actions. The following is a list of who I am. The real me. The real and authentic Tim. Yes the good...and the bad. This list could go on forever but I will leave you with with just a few.

'Simple Truths of Who I Am'

I am man. 

I am a child of God. 

I love my saviour Jesus with every ounce of my being. 

I am a single father.

I love my children more than words.

I have a large heart that I wear on my sleeve far to often but it is who I am and I am not ashamed.

I love life...who doesn't? There isn't much in life that can bring me down or at least keep me down for long.

I am filled with hope. 

I pray that I am a man of integrity and honor.

I am an eternal optimist...I try to find the best in every situation.

Unconditional love is what I live my life by.

With all humility I truly enjoying serving other people.

I am filled with complete and overwhelming joy when I see that I have made others happy. 

I desire adventure.

I am a hopeless romantic.

I am a dreamer.

I am moved in my soul by the beauty of words, music, art and nature.


Yet...

I am sinful because I am human.

I am broken...but God has made me whole.

I struggle.

I am not perfect.

I have made many mistakes.

I wish I could go back and correct my mistakes but I admit they have helped shaped me into who I am today.

I have been hurt.

I have hurt others.

I don't like hurting others.

I have been fake.

I have not been real.

I am sorry.

I deserve Hell but Jesus in my heart has given me eternity in heaven.

and.....

I try everyday to be real and authentic in everything I do...in every thought, word and action.