Thursday, July 02, 2009

Center to Right



I have been silent for far to long in the realm of politics. But President Obama has inspired me to speak up in the political blogosphere. But not in support of him as you may think. For I am diametrically opposed to President Obama and his policies for so many reasons that I can not list them all here. He has inspired me to speak up on the behalf of the Conservative.
I used to call my self a moderate or truthfully, a right leaning moderate. But I now proudly call my self a Conservative. Yes I am a believer in Christ and try to live by Christ's teachings. But that is not the sole reason I call my self a Conservative. I am a Conservative because of my views on the many issues such as taxation, health care, entitlements, immigration, the environment, foreign policy, judicial activisim, liberty and individual freedoms. These are all major issues that are worthy of their own posts and I will address them in the future. For now I will leave you with a quote from the late President Reagan. "Freedom is never more that one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free."

No comments:

Post a Comment